• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal for TF2 Classic

In-Game name: Valesinium
Time of Ban: 23:37
Date of Ban: 06-16-24
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:502833772
Reason for Ban: Racism/Hate Speech
Additional Comments: I complained in the one TF2 match about that Scouts were useful using Scattergun than Nailgun because well i did test it and it sucked, and almost everyone trashtalked me how im insecure or bad at the game, then i was really angry that i was going to yell slurs at people for not saying what my opinion is, then i said it, i said the n word out of pure anger.
I want to appeal for my ban and i promise to myself that i will control my short temper and i will never say these type of stuff ever again.

Your ban appeal has been received, we will review the details and get back to you shortly, usually within 2-3 days.

Thanks for your patience.

I've reviewed the incident and there are two things that stand out to me. The first is that while you did use a slur and break the rules, the context in which it was used appears to be more along the lines of an insult/trash talk rather than targeted hate speech.

However, it appears to have been done in full knowledge that it was breaking the rules, since during the event, it was pointed out to you that staff were present in the server and you replied that you didn't care and would "say a lot more".

All of this considered, here's the deal:

I am willing to lift the ban and take you at your word that this won't happen again. However:
  1. Your ban will remain on record with us.
  2. You are now considered to have been made inexcusably aware of the rules, and this means that if there are any further rule violations, we may, without question, reinstate the permanent ban in full. In other words, this is your one "get out of jail free" card, and there will be no further second chances.
Please reply below letting me know you have read and understood the above. Once I hear back from you I will modify the ban accordingly. If you have questions about our server rules, now would be the time to ask.

~Vintage

Thanks for your patience.

I've reviewed the incident and there are two things that stand out to me. The first is that while you did use a slur and break the rules, the context in which it was used appears to be more along the lines of an insult/trash talk rather than targeted hate speech.

However, it appears to have been done in full knowledge that it was breaking the rules, since during the event, it was pointed out to you that staff were present in the server and you replied that you didn't care and would "say a lot more".

All of this considered, here's the deal:

I am willing to lift the ban and take you at your word that this won't happen again. However:
  1. Your ban will remain on record with us.
  2. You are now considered to have been made inexcusably aware of the rules, and this means that if there are any further rule violations, we may, without question, reinstate the permanent ban in full. In other words, this is your one "get out of jail free" card, and there will be no further second chances.
Please reply below letting me know you have read and understood the above. Once I hear back from you I will modify the ban accordingly. If you have questions about our server rules, now would be the time to ask.

~Vintage
I understand.

Your ban has been updated.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom