• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban appeal

In-Game name: Trade-Prince Gallywix
Time of Ban: 22:10
Date of Ban: 11-01-12
Steam ID: [U:1:48699500]
Reason for Ban: Speed hack scripting
Additional Comments: I speed hacked on a team interrobang server in 2012 and got perma'd (just a console script), haven't cheated in any way in over a decade. I feel like 11 years is a sufficient enough sentence, and would love to get removed from the ban list.

Hi there,

To my knowledge, we've never had any affiliation with Team Interrobang to the extent we've shared or imported external bans. Note the date on your ban may be misleading as that was the date on which we bulk-imported the ban list from our predecessor community, FreeFrag Network, and it could have been issued any time during the existence of FFN in the late 2000s up until 2012.

This means that whatever infraction occurred would have to have been on one of our own servers.

As a matter of principle we take the same stance as Valve in that we do not reverse bans for cheating, but please give me a day or two to see if I can find out any more about your particular ban. We obviously no longer have any records from FFN, but since it's an automated plugin ban it may be possible to identify the underlying cause.

Based on my findings for this particular ban, as an auto-ban and considering its age, we are willing to make a one-time exception to our policies.

However, your ban will remain on record with us and therefore be taken into consideration according to our policies should there be any future infractions of our rules.

Please reply letting me know you've read and understood this and I'll process the unban.

Cheers,

~Vintage

Sorry it took me awhile to look back at this, but yes I'm actually pretty sure the ban took place in like 2010. There are a couple other chains of servers I am banned from, including this one, so I'm really not quite sure what happened because I'm fairly certain Team Interobang is the only clan I got banned from. Cheers for the unbanning when you get around to it. Edit: also I'm not sure if I remember Freefrag Network, The speed hack scripting I did took place on literally one day in like 2010 when I was 13, and it only worked in SV pure 0 servers. It is possible I got banned from you guys as well as interrobang on that same day and just don't recall.

No worries :)

Your ban should now be lifted.

From what I could find it looks like you tripped a detection for having sv_cheats 0 clientside while it was being enforced on the server. There's a few ways that could have happened if you were poking around with scripts and/or custom HUDs at the time.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6836 Online 328 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom