• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

Gingy

Noob
In-Game name: Jäkè (Now: Gingy)
Time of Ban: 22:49
Date of Ban: 11-01-12
Steam ID: (STEAM_0:1:32017720)
Reason for Ban: Hacking
Additional Comments:

This ban was legit, I was using cheating programs 12 years ago when I was a dumb teenager. I don't recall it being on TF2 however, just Counter Strike: Source.

I'm looking to get this appealed to hop on the VaultF4 servers for Team Fortress 2: Classic. I understand I'm completely at fault for the ban initially, but I haven't done anything since. If there is a hard no policy for un-banning due to hacks being used, no worries.

NVM, just found this.

Major Infractions:

Major infractions include the following:
  • Anything violating rule 1 (cheating, use of exploits, or interfering with operation of the server)
  • Extreme violations of rule 3 (Direct harassment of another person on basis of identity, extreme use of hate speech, or glorification of nazis)
  • Use of sprays that may contain illegal content, or content otherwise illegal in the region(s) our servers are located.
Major infractions will be met with a permanent ban, which can not be appealed unless they were issued in error.

Hey, despite that written rule we are willing to review/reconsider these 10+ year old bans. I'll let VintagePC look into this and get back to you.

Yeah, in this case the ban was inherited from FFN before we became VF4 (and we used to have CS:S servers). Just letting you know I've seen this and will get back to you shortly, usually 2-3 days at most.

OK, given the age of the ban and the fact it predates the collected documentation we have here as VF4, I'm going to approve this appeal.

Please note, however, that the ban will remain on record with us and may be taken into consideration in the future.

Regards,
~Vintage

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom