• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

The information I currently have suggests the ban reason may not be completely accurate, but it suggests that you were banned for both using slurs in our servers, and (I suspect this is where the reason came from) a complaint that you were denying the holocaust.

It looks like the details backing up these assertions hasn't been attached yet; once it is we will be able to review and confirm the above.

I hope that helps clarify things; we can proceed with your appeal shortly in the next day or two when I have the SourceTV recordings to review.

~Vintage

I witnessed everything that happened which led to this ban, and it seemed obvious to me atleast that this player isnt an actual nazi. They were just some random person doing an unfunny bit that went way too far soley because of the fact that one other player on the server wouldnt stop getting pissed at him. It seemed that was being said wasn't legitimately what they believe. However, it definitely went way too far. They were actively making holocaust denial jokes when I was playing.

I cant recall if Foo was the one who dropped a random racial slur over the mic chat, but somebody on the server definitely did.

(Edit: Im not sure how I missed the giant banner at top of the page explicitly telling me not to post here. It was pretty late and I was tired but that still doesn't excuse it, sorry about that)

Last edited:
I apologize for the extended delay. I've cleared some time on my schedule tomorrow to review the captured footage and provide a response.

~Vintage

On reviewing the specifics of this ban, you seem to have gone for a hat trick in breaking our server rules.

- Use of slurs in our servers:
No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.
- The anti holocaust statements and discussion you were instigating, which either falls under the above or the below, especially given a number of players asked you repeatedly to shut up:
Don’t be an asshole. This is a catch-all rule used as necessary to maintain the “spirit” of our servers. We call it the "brown hat" rule, AKA "don't be scumbag Steve". This rule includes, but is not limited to:
  • Deliberately doing things to annoy people after they've politely asked you to stop.
  • Intentionally starting drama or bringing up controversial subjects to start arguments (aka trying to “trigger” people)
And to top it all off, you attempted to evade your ban shortly after it was issued with an alternate account:
Any form of evasion from an admin action will result in a ban from our servers. The length of the ban will depend on the severity of the evasion. This includes the use of alternate accounts to evade punishments. Evasion bans are NOT eligible for appeal and must be served in full, regardless of whether the original ban was justified. You are expected to be mature and file an appeal if you disagree with staff actions; doing otherwise will probably hinder your chances of a successful appeal.

Ergo, your ban will not be overturned at this time. Per policy, the earliest it is eligible for appeal is one year from the date it was issued, on June 11, 2025, at which point we may consider giving you a second chance.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom