• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: TeenerLeBeaner
Time of Ban: 07:38
Date of Ban: 6-11-24
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TeenerLeBeaner
Reason for Ban: Brown Hat Rule, or a history of, or several rule violations. said by https://sb.vaultf4.com
Additional Comments: I was just mostly talking in game, which is confusing for me because i dont know why i was banned
i didnt mean to say anything that sounded bad. so i am sorry for anyone that took it that way, it wasnt to do that.

Your ban appeal has been received; we'll review the details and get back to you with more details and/or a decision in a few days. There is currently an influx of ban appeals that require my attention, so it may take a little longer than the customary 2-3 days.

On review of the information available to me, I can confirm you were banned for repeatedly discussing topics that were wholly inappropriate for a public game server relating to necrophilia, fetish sex acts, and more. This made many people, including some of our staff, very uncomfortable. Apparently this persisted across several maps and days in both text and voice chat.

You were also observed using a racial slur, and there is also some debate about the use of the word "Beaner" in your username, which is often used as a derogatory term towards people of Mexican descent.

I'll direct your attention to our server rules, specifically rule 3 (use of racial slurs) and rule 5 as the justification for your ban:
Don’t be an asshole. This is a catch-all rule used as necessary to maintain the “spirit” of our servers. We call it the "brown hat" rule, AKA "don't be scumbag Steve". This rule includes, but is not limited to:
  • Intentionally starting drama or bringing up controversial subjects to start arguments (aka trying to “trigger” people)

At one point you even jokingly stated you wanted to be banned, so my suspicion here is the staff member who heard it was only too happy to oblige. Slurs alone are generally already worthy of a permanent ban per our rules, and all of the other stuff doesn't exactly lend itself to lenience on our part.

i didnt mean to say anything that sounded bad. so i am sorry for anyone that took it that way, it wasnt to do that.
Slur(s) aside, unfortunately I have a hard time believing this when there is a persistent and ongoing pattern of bringing up topics that nobody talks about in public company. I don't particularly care what you enjoy discussing/joking about with your friends in real life but I struggle to find any legitimate reason to bring up these kinds of topics in a public game server unless the intent is explicitly to shock, irritate, or otherwise offend the other players.

I hope that clarifies the reasons why the ban was issued, and at this stage it would appear to me the ban is in accordance with our posted rules and policies for conduct in our gameservers. If you have anything to add to the above information then I will certainly take it into consideration.

Subject: My Reply to the Ban Appeal

Dear, Vault F4

Here is what I wanted to add about this.

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing a better reply about my appeal on the ban on my account that I made a while back. and have a more honest approach.

I want to sincerely apologize again for any actions or behaviors and disruptions that have led to this situation and that were against standards. It was inappropriate of me to the rules, I take full responsibility for my actions and have taken the time to thoroughly review the platform's terms of service and community guidelines to ensure that I fully understand and respect them moving forward.

I deeply regret any inconvenience or harm caused. and assure you that I have learned from this experience.

This incident was a mistake of mine and I am committed to ensuring that things like this/incident do not happen again. I value my account and being in the community it provides access to, and I am eager to continue contributing positively. and committed to adhering to the guidelines moving forward. and engaging responsibly. to ensure this situation is rectified.

I kindly request you reconsider lifting the ban on my account. I am willing to comply with any conditions or requirements to reinstate my account. Your consideration and understanding in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain my side of the situation.

The reason I acted this way (in-game), I thought I was being funny saying things like "brain rot humor." But I was in the wrong and I thought people would see it the way I saw it (like being funny). But didn't believe it was "shock value." And yeah the joke about being banned was not funny looking back and I didn't expect things to happen. I am sorry.

I wasn't intending to violate any rules or make people feel the way they felt. But now knowing more stuff, I didn't know in the past. And I have now learned. which was a misunderstanding.

Loved playing the great game and it was sad seeing it go. I was wondering if the appeal is possible. I have learned my lesson. My apologies. I have taken time to reflect on my actions.

I am available to discuss this matter further if needed

Thank you for your time and attention to this reply and for looking into it and we understand. I look forward to your response again. And hope to have the chance to rejoin the community.

Best regards
Sincerely, Me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow-up. We'll consider your addendum and whether that changes our stance; please give us a few days to discuss.

On further review, and in consideration of your additional message, we are prepared to make the following offer:
  • We are willing to lift your permanent ban and replace it with a communications block with a duration of 1 month.
This offer comes with the following conditions:
  • Your ban(s) will remain on record for future reference
  • You are now considered to be inexplicably aware of our server rules.
  • This is your one "get-out-of-jail-free" card, meaning that should there be any future infractions, we reserve the right to reinstate the permanent ban, in full, and without further chance of appeal.

If you have any questions, now would be the time to ask, but otherwise please reply and let me know you have read and understood these conditions, at which point I will make the offered changes to your ban.

Your bans have been updated.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom