• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

lumi

Noob
In-Game name: lumi
Time of Ban: 04:05
Date of Ban: 06-27-24
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:876273668
Reason for Ban: Spam in chat/voice
Additional Comments:

I would like to know the specifics of the "Spam in chat/voice" reason. I tend to communicate with my team and generally with the server by calling out my kills, but unless I was also doing things like playing music (which, I know is impossible to do into my mic with my laptop), I'm not exactly sure what in specific it could be referencing. I would appreciate being able to see what in specific caused me to be muted.

Additionally, although technically unrelated to this ban, I would like to point out that I was in a server with the moderator who conducted this action and 3 other mods/developers of the game, and none of them, including the moderator, did not have a problem with anything related to me utilizing the chat and voice mechanics. However, if they did, either they did not vocalize their concerns to me thru those two vectors at all during my gameplay, or I did not notice them while playing.

I frequently, if not always use the voice and chat mechanics in the TF2C servers, and when I'm unable to communicate at all with anyone except for voice lines, it really gets difficult to coordinate things. I would really appreciate being unmuted, as it severely impacts how I play with others.

Your appeal has been received, we'll review the details and get back to you shortly, typically within 2-3 days.

On review your ban was issued because you were literally just screaming into your microphone to the point it was distorting.

I will direct your attention to section 2 of our server rules:

Spam is not allowed. This includes any communication that may be disruptive to the server, such as:
  • Loud noises or "Ear rape" music
  • Yelling, Screaming, or Annoying Noises

Your 3-day communication block does not appear to have been issued in error, is in line with our posted policies for a first infraction, and will remain in place for its full duration.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom