• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban appeal

In-Game name: hsjw
Time of Ban: 12:21
Date of Ban: 5.7.2024
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18363057
Reason for Ban: racism/hate speech
Additional Comments: Hello mentlegen, today Ive been perma banned for "racism" (I joked about a screeching asian guy for one match, I was asking for kung pao with extra rice). I think that this ban is absolutely an overkill.
If my "racism" is that bad and horrifc, give me a permanent comm ban, im fine with that.

Theres nothing extra to say since it was only like half of a single round on upward, then i muted "soulmate", never seen that guy again and got banned on harvest hour later or so.

also ive found this in the ban request (https://www.vaultf4.com/threads/ban-request.7189/)

"Additional Comments: I competed with him over several maps, I have some suspicions about the presence of wallhack on his side, comments from other players under his profile also hint at this (we also had a little dirty talk at the beginning of the match, he started it first few maps ago, just for the information)"

"we also had a little dirty talk at the beginning of the match"
there i died to a w+m1 pyro from behind and wrote "skilled"

where the requesting guy also accuses me of cheating, there IS no evidence, I dont delete a single comment from my profile except scams, so the hackusations stack up. He probably wrote this information to get rid of me for 100%.

Please explain the ban.

-hsjw

Your appeal has been received, we'll review the details and get back to you shortly, typically within 2-3 days.

We've reviewed the specifics of the ban, and my findings are that it is not a trivial interaction as you claim. You spent almost the entirety of your interactions with that player doing the following, repeatedly:
  • Mocking their accent
  • asking them for kung pao and/or rice though they were a restaurant
  • Other stereotypical remarks/jabs like something about eating dogs
Outside of this particular incident, you've also been observed doing the following:
  • Calling other players "retards"
  • Telling people to kill themselves.

today Ive been perma banned for "racism" (I joked about a screeching asian guy for one match, I was asking for kung pao with extra rice).
They were hardly "screeching", they were speaking normally.
I think that this ban is absolutely an overkill.
We don't.
If my "racism" is that bad and horrifc,
Nice air quotes to try to minimize your actions. What you were doing is the very definition of racism, several people in the server told you you were being racist, and instead of stopping, you kept it up and responded with "I'm Czech, what do you expect".
give me a permanent comm ban, im fine with that.
That's not how this works. If the banned person considers the punishment "fair" for their actions then it's not sufficient disincentive to correct the behaviour. Furthermore, if you're going to ruin others' enjoyment of the game, I don't see why we should make concessions for rule violations such that you would get to continue enjoying it on our servers yourself.

Finally, I'll also direct your attention to server rule 3, which is very clear about our stance on this matter:
  1. No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs , <snip>
    • Clarification on this rule from the addendum in post #3, below:
      Anyone caught harassing another player on our servers on basis of race, sex, disability, gender, gender identity, or sexuality will be permanently banned. Appeals for this kind of ban will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Therefore: your ban was issued in-line with our published rules and policies and will not be overturned at this time. Also per those same posted policies, it will be eligible for re-appeal no earlier than one year from the date it was issued, (on July 5, 2025) at which point we may see fit to offer you a second chance.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom