• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: ❤Your Summer Goal❤
Time of Ban: 23:07
Date of Ban: 07-08-24 23:07
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:214212292
Reason for Ban: Content (N*zi Spray, Black Sun)
Additional Comments: Hey there, I got banned for using a Black Sun spray, and long story short: I didn't know that it was a N*zi spray, I thought it was a Rune / Esoteric / Astrology thingy; the spray said "I'm not a fed, just a Friendly Esoteric Dude"...
The joke was meant to make fun of the entire situation about the FBI trying to catfish schizos on the internet (because its laughable, of course not in a serious manner either, I watched too much Wendigoon the past month or so x3) and I added what I later found out was called the "black sun" in there (around an OC wearing cool sunglasses) to kinda give it that schizo / esoteric vibe, because I've seen it used in that context several times in the past (Twitter / Discord)...
After a quick google search of the word I was shocked (and kinda still am) to find out that this is, in fact, an extremist dogwhistle...
Came clean to all my mates that I f*cked up and stuff and welp, looking to wipe my record clean here as well...
It's more than understandable if you keep me banned, but I want to to correct / explain myself for that behavior / content at the very least...
Also if you want proof that I'm not a far-right edgelord: I'm literally a gay furry with over 500 hours in VRChat cuddling my chronically online homies x3

Hi there,

We've received your appeal. We'll review your plea and get back to you with a decision shortly, typically in 2-3 days.

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the extended turnaround time.

On review of your plea, our staff consensus is that the ban will remain in place. This can be primarily attributed to our zero-tolerance policy on Nazi imagery (see Server Rule 3) and I am informed that while it's not as common as, say, the swastika, it is still quite high up the list of Nazi symbolism in terms of precedence.

Additionally, your geo-location appears to resolve to the EU, so I am guessing that you have played in our EU servers. Our EU instances are in Germany, and our decision is further solidified because they have very strict laws prohibiting the use of any Nazi symbols outside a few very specific situations like historical education.

It is unfortunate if you genuinely did not know, and so I thank you for your understanding given the above.

Per our other posted policies, your ban will be eligible for re-appeal one year from the date it was issued, at which point you may make a new appeal which we will consider with a fresh perspective towards granting a second chance.

~Vintage

Alright, totally understandable.

I would be extremely happy if I could turn this permanent ban into a one-year (or something) one though, so I will probably try again next year.

Thank you for lending your time and take care!

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom