• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

PQNY

Noob
In-Game name: PQNY
Time of Ban: 22:10
Date of Ban: 11-01-12
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:6305492
Reason for Ban: VAC-Ban-Detected-Cheats-#ATC561413
Additional Comments:

Okay so like, I've never cheated in my entire life, and I never would. I don't see the point. And my VAC status on my steam account literally says "No VAC bans on account". Weird.
All I wanted to do is try out TF2Classic. I'm trying to join servers, but I'm banned from every single one.
I haven't played a multiplayer source game in... I actually can't remember. This has got to be the first time in over a decade that I've booted up a Source game to play online.

This took forever to get all the info for. The time/date/reason I got from here: https://sb.vaultf4.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=PQNY&Submit=Search

Please, help me out?

Hi there,

This is a _very_ old ban which likely was inherited from back when we used to be called FreeFrag Network. The actual date is likely even older than posted, that is just the date they were migrated. :)

The only details I have at this time are that it appears to be related to an attempt to bypass/force sv_cheats values on one of our servers, rather than a confirmed use of any actual cheats.

However, given the age of the ban and that it originated from a third party plugin, I have lifted your ban and you should be able to play on our servers.

~Vintage

Hi there,

This is a _very_ old ban which likely was inherited from back when we used to be called FreeFrag Network. The actual date is likely even older than posted, that is just the date they were migrated. :)

The only details I have at this time are that it appears to be related to an attempt to bypass/force sv_cheats values on one of our servers, rather than a confirmed use of any actual cheats.

However, given the age of the ban and that it originated from a third party plugin, I have lifted your ban and you should be able to play on our servers.

~Vintage
Thanks a bunch!

I still have no clue what could have happened that resulted in this. The only thing I remember modding was changing the scouts bat into a naughty model that had jigglebones, lol.

Once again, you have my thanks. It must have been jarring for you, addressing something as ancient as my problem. Hope it stirred some nostalgia within you.

No worries... every once in a while we get a blast from the past like this. Hopefully TF2C rekindles some of the nostalgia for you as well, I certainly remember the heyday of TF2 in the late 2000s and early 2010s fondly.

~Vint

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom