• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: Rebel_PRO
Time of Ban: 13:28
Date of Ban: 14.09.2024
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:440911408 | STEAM_0:1:20067219
Server Name: VaultF4 - Official [EU] Standard 3
Map: cp_powerhouse
Reason for Ban: Previously banned, Ban Evasion
Additional Comments:

Good day administration. Today on Saturday I was banned permanently, as I think this ban is unfair and let me tell you why: This week I played not on the main steam account in tf2c, I will not go into details why I played not on the main account. so, I was banned on this account for 3 days, I think on Tuesday by the administrator: “FUNNY_BONE” for the reason: inappropriate username. After the ban, I of course changed my nickname on the second account to avoid a second ban. All these three days I did not log in to tf2c , waiting for the ban to expire. The 4th day comes, and I log in from my main account to play. I play half a match and do not finish the game, I was banned forever for allegedly bypassing the ban, which should have already passed. The admin who banned me: “Juno!”.
Of course, I would like to find a solution to this problem as soon as possible, because I believe that I was banned for nothing. And unfortunately I have no proof of the banning of the second account on 3d, but maybe the admin “FUNNY_BONE” can remember me and verify it. or find some site logs to confirm it.

Your appeal has been received, I'll look into the details and get back to you soon, likely within a day or two.

I don't understand you. What do you mean?

"Damage tally I've inflicted on others - 7:
"The sample code [VintagePC] provided Razer and Reechard was so nice that Reechard actually became aroused." - Mak
"Should I be concerned that Vintage gets Reechard more aroused than his super sexy redheaded wife? :(" - Lavared
"I just scared the piss out of a cat with how hard I laughed...no, literally.. /wipes up the piddle.." - Lavared
" VintagePC [VF4-S] killed LavaRed[VF4-S] with reflected tf_projectile_arrow (crit)." x2
"1411 Vint...you fucking hacker. NET, GET ON HERE AND BAN VINT NOW." &
"LAVA, BAN VINT NOW" - Geoff on my beating his arcade scores."

"I AM ROOT. If you hear me laughing... you'd best go find your backups...."

There's no saved evidence. If I knew I'd be banned forever, I'd have saved it.

"I thought it was addressed to me, only now I realize it's a signature, I apologize."

Last edited:
On review it looks like your initial ban was issued for 3 days, and then corrected after-the-fact to be consistent with our posted policies (see below).

I do apologize for the confusion this caused, and given the circumstances I will make a one-time exception to our normal policies regarding ban evasion. However, your original ban is still in effect as of this time.

I will direct your attention to Server Rule #3 for the reason why: Use of Nazi symbols/imagery such as the swastika, SS, etc is generally illegal in Germany, and as this is where our EU servers are located, we draw a hard line in terms of issuing punishments for those types of infractions:

No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.

Here's what this means in your specific case:
  • Both accounts will remain banned for now.
  • We will overlook the evasion ban, meaning that for this specific instance, you are still allowed to appeal your original ban.
    • This does NOT apply if you are caught evading your ban(s) again with an alternate account, doing so makes you ineligible for appeal.
  • Your ban for the inappropriate username is still in effect. Per our posted policies on permanent bans, it will be eligible for appeal no sooner than one year from the date it was issued, in this case 09-09-2025.
  • At that point you may make a new appeal (or reply to this thread) and we will usually offer a second chance, at which point we will lift the ban on both accounts.

Again, I do apologize for the confusion, and thank you for your understanding in this regard.

~VintagePC

I'm sorry, but there was no nazism here, you just misinterpreted my nickname. Everyone sees what they want to see, if you see any attribute of Nazism there, you just wanted to see it there. In fact, my nickname stands for this:
SS - Secret Service, Secret Service is the US federal security agency. It can stand for SS, USSS or UTSSS. Further Hstuf - High Security Taskforce Uniform Force, this is the name of my unit in my game clan, we have a lot of them. Next H. Volter is the name of my roleplay character, full name Hans Volter. There used to be racism towards German immigrants in the USA, and because of that they often changed their names to more English sounding names. But my character didn't change his last name and fought racism towards him. Next [5st PDW] - Pro Defence Warriors is just the name of the clan itself. 5st - that means what squad I'm in - HSTUF - 5st fifth Uniform Squad.

And to summarise, I would like to say that it was just some mistake and nothing more. So please reconsider this case. People often have a one-sided perspective on a situation and quickly form impressions of a person. You make it sound like I'm some kind of Nazi, but I'm not. I want to put more emphasis on the fact that I have, as far as I can remember, never had any infractions on your project. Not mute, not bans until this day, of course. I am a decent regular player like everyone else here in Vault 4. I hope for your impartiality and neutrality in this case. Thank you for your time.

We're not buying it. On review there are far too many "coincidences" and overlaps with Nazi dog-whistles here for our staff to consider your explanation plausible.

As stated, your ban will be eligible for re-appeal one year from the date it was issued.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5956 Online 325 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom