• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

In-Game name: Qcumber
Time of Ban: 21:29
Date of Ban: 9/27/2024
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:73940772
Reason for Ban: I was banned for mic spamming; specifically I was playing music. It's not a long ban but I do want to appeal just becasue I cannot access the discord and it's annoying. I definitly deserve the ban just because I was playing podcasts and stuff off of youtube and I know a lot of people consider that annoying. I know you don't wanna hear a long-winded excuse and I don't want to give that to you, so I'll keep this short: I came by this server a couple of days ago right, and I was doing some stuff that should have got me banned, I was spamming music. Later on I was spamming a podcast and Funny_Bone, a venerated moderater and active member of the discord, said something akin to, "I get why people play music but I don't understand somebody playing a podcast." Looking back I'm thinking, that's not really what should have been said to me the line should be no outside media should be played. My case is this, I was doing something that a moderator kind of condoned. Technically through the word of mouth of a moderator I didn't do anything worth a ban. Now I know I probably misheard, I'm certain I misconstruded what she said to not be permissing me to play music. From the perspective of a guy who hasn't read the rules I feel mislead now.
Additional Comments: I just want to make some friends on the discord/ in-game. Not saying I should be unbanned at the end of the day I just want to get back on the discord becasue I can't access it. I didn't say anything far right or racist. I'm cool with the ban but really I didn't do anything extreme so it's whatever.

Hi there,

I can certainly say the misunderstanding is unfortunate but if you haven't read our server rules that's on you; you are asked to read them both via the MOTD that shows when you connect to the game as well as with regular rotating messages in chat that they exist and should be read and understood before playing in our servers.

In your case some of the evidence attached to your ban ticket demonstrates no actual audio but just repeated loud static noises, which definitely falls under "annoying noises" and disruptive to the other players.

The fact you also appear to have a few prior 1-hour mutes issued as courtesy "warnings" that suggest this isn't your first violation and that you've been asked to stop twice in ~the past week - hence the most recently issued 3 day ban. As laid out in our Server Rules, we will escalate to more severe punishments if lesser prior punishments don't seem to be getting the message across, regardless of the severity of the actual infraction in question.

I hope that helps clarify things for you.

~Vintage

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5956 Online 325 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom