• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban request

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-Game name: Unpricedolive
Time of Day: I don't really remember, but it was mostly from 16:00 to 20:00 CET
Date: mostly during May 2024
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:505908984
Server Name: European ones
Map: vip_badwater
Reason for Ban Request: Violation of rule no. 5 ("Don’t be an asshole", aka the "brown hat rule")
Additional Comments: The person has intentionally sprayed over my spray, despite me asking him to stop doing that, which is nearly the same as an example violation of the rule mentioned in your server rules, which is "deliberately doing things to annoy people after they've politely asked you to stop".
When I have originally reported him to you through the in-game chat, the moderator has ignored him, telling me that his action was OK, despite it being listed in your server rules as a violation of that rule. I think it could happen due to my previous conflict with him, which has finally resulted in me getting banned.
I would also like to apologise here for not knowing on which time of the day and on which server this incident has happened. I only really know that it happened on one of your European servers (I mostly played on them and I remember that it happened here) and it has happened in May 2024.

Attachments

• My spray which he was spraying over.png
    My spray which he was spraying over.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 10
Thank you for your report,

While someone repeatedly spraying over your spray technically violates our brown hat rule, this doesn't seem to have happened recently and isn't severe enough to warrant punishment. It also happened a month ago and I am inclined to believe this is a similar petty report which contributed to your ban from our servers.

To address your concern that the incident was ignored, your last report was on June 1st involving this player, and no reason was given other than "Behaves like a dick." An admin checked it out anyways and determined that nothing serious or actionable was occurring and left it at that. if this was the incident that you are referring to in this thread, then it is possible they simply missed what was happening because they did not hear or see anything in text or voice chat, and because no further details were given in the report.

In addition, I would like to correct your assumption that your perm ban is a result of this one incident with this person. After reviewing your ban ticket, it was the result of 30+ pages of toxicity rule violations.

I hope this helps, and will continue to monitor the situation. Thank you again for your concern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom