• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] banned for joking?(forgot to add details in my other one sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongod?

Banhammered
In-Game name:somerandomassdude
Time of Ban: around the time I posted this
Date of Ban: 4/27/2024
Steam ID: (STEAM: 76561199487499631)
Reason for Ban: for being transphobic or something
Additional Comments: I made a transgender joke and had a opinion, yeah I dunno atleast dont make it perma bruh, these admins man

Your appeal has been received, we'll review the details and get back to you shortly, usually within 2-3 days.

question.. uhh how long will this take?
Reading isn't your strong point, is it?

Your appeal has been received, we'll review the details and get back to you shortly, usually within 2-3 days.

Now, to the matter at hand:
You were banned for mocking a trans person for having pronouns, deliberately mis-gendering them, and then telling them you were going to kill them yourself.

I will direct your attention to Server Rule #3:
3. No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.
as well as the clarification/explanation on this rule at the bottom of said rules:
VaultF4 strives to be a safe space for the LGBT community and other marginalized groups.

Anyone caught harassing another player on our servers on basis of race, sex, disability, gender, gender identity, or sexuality will be permanently banned. Appeals for this kind of ban will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

If your actions are "having an opinion", then your "opinions" and "jokes" are unwelcome here.

Given that your permanent ban was issued per our posted server rules and policies, it is ineligible for appeal until at least 1 year has passed from the date it was issued. Therefore, the soonest we will consider an appeal for it is April 28, 2025.

when did I tell someone I was going to kill them.. also watchu mean purposfully misgendering kuh, I just went "nah bro your a guy" in sarcasim. man, also yeah sure il wait a whole ass year ;(

when did I tell someone I was going to kill them.
I'm not buying your "I don't know what I did" act. Your literal words to that person in voice chat were:

... you have fucking pronouns in your fucking username I'm gonna kill you myself

sure bro, whatever you say. The video clip we have is, quite literally, several people in the server telling you off that what you said was not okay, after which you proceed to double down and deliberately call the person with female pronouns a dude.

You knew what you were doing. I think we're done here and there's nothing further to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom