• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Banned for Racism/hate speech???

DeZenTID

Noob
In-Game name: Problematic Grass
Time of Ban: 15:01
Date of Ban: 04-26-24
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:233313450
Reason for Ban: Racism/hate speech
Additional Comments: I only make a remark about my ping and talk about which map I am voting for (extends 2fort). I didn't say much else.

Hi there,

So a quick informal review of this (since a full review would take longer than the duration of the punishment) concludes that we took issue with this statement, in the context of the previous statement, as we have a number of rules on discriminatory statements.

1714146139745.png

We had an internal discussion and came to the conclusion a full 1-day ban was a bit heavy handed for something that is ambiguous whether it supports ("I agree and discard [third person's] opinion because they are Russian") or is a tongue-in-cheek response to them ("I disagree and am discarding your opinion").

Unfortunately this isn't something that is easy to have a retroactive discussion about since there's an inherent bias to affirm a context that leans in your favour.

As such, we decided to opt for a middle ground and your ban has been updated to a communications-only ban with a duration of 4 hours, and the full ban has been removed from the record.

~Vintage

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom