• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

Can I Run FEAR 3?

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"
So I normally use http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

But, sometimes it fucks me over. Like for FEAR 3. Checking the site, it puts me UNDER the minimum requirements for the game. Buuut, when I look at what is needed for the game, I see this

CPU is shown as fine with minimum needing Intel Core 2 duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Athlon X2 4800+ and I have an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

Ram is fine, I need 2gb minimum, and I have 2.1gb.

OS is obviously fine, it requires Windows XP minimum, Max is Windows 7.

Ready for the odd part?

Video Card:

Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3850 MB RAM or better
You Have: GeForce 9500 GT

So...am I missing something here? Is the 8800GT better than my 9500GT?

I am currently downloading FEAR 3 just to test it. I'll be doing 1280x720 res, full screen and lowest possible settings as always. I refuse to believe I can't play it until I try it.

It should run, questionable how well. Never played FEAR 3 so I do not know how well it is optimized.

Well I never plan on playing these games max settings =P I'll settle for minimum.

I'm about to try and play through the FEAR games again and I am starting to get annoyed if I can't finish the final one because of my PC.

FEAR was one of the first games I bought when I built my first rig after college, I wanted to love it, but the boring enemies and incredibly drab backgrounds really dragged the game down for me.

Quick update, I am able to play it. Shit, the game runs smoothly. So yeah, that site really pisses me off when it says I don't meet the minimum requirements and yet...I CAN play. >_>

So YAY! THE FEAR LP IS BACK ON BITCHES. Once I download 14gb...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(7270 Online 379 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom