• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Cannot Associate Facebook And Steam Accounts - Bug?

Bea_Arthur

I Kick Men's Asses and I Vote
Hey all! Love the new site so far!

The only issue I've run into is associating my Facebook account with the site, which uses my Steam account information. When I associate with Facebook it asks for my VaultF4 password, though I don't have one.

Is there a way around this or something we can do to fix it? I'd like to associate both!

Thanks!

I have no experience with the facebook sign-in, but you should be able to set a password in your account settings, which you can then enter in the prompt. I suspect it is because the facebook widget comes with Xenforo, whereas the steam sign-in is a separate add-on - so the facebook widget doesn't anticipate accounts created through steam, which do not require a password.

(here: http://www.vaultf4.com/account/security)

Hope that helps - if not, I'm sure there's someone in the forums that's succeeded in linking both that can help you.

Thanks, Vintage! I went to the link which indicated I had no associated password. I then clicked to request one, used that to set a password of my own, and then used that to associate my Facebook account.

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the nudge in the right direction!

No probs, glad to be of help.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom