• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

console destroyed sapper at round change

troglodyte

Not a Noob
Slight grievance with the scoring systems as when playing engineer any buildings you have made during the round will be destroyed on round change causing a "lost" in hxs score. While I know this isnt a huge issue, as the score is net 0 with the previous 2 points gained on building, it is still a little annoying. I understand how a point inflation could also be caused by a player building and destroying their own gear repetitively, I just wish there was a work around for that too as it promotes a slightly more sluggish play style with engine backtracking in regards to moving up gear and the hx scoring.

Not sure if there is a way to change this but I thought I would ask.

Yes. the destruction at round end probably shouldn't be reported as "user destroyed". Unfortunately I'm not sure where exactly this is determined (TF2C code or the logging plugin) so hopefully someone more familiar with that can chime in.

isn't it something to do with jump pads? i dont think the score plugin knows what they are and labels them as "sappers" as a fallback

i main engie and i have abt 30k points last i checked (though i dont actively play anymore) if you're playing well and getting lots of kills, the loss from buildings getting deleted is irrelevant. i think it's only like 4-6 points on average, you can easily get 3x that figure with basic gameplay

Maybe but that would seem odd. Generally the logging plugin takes literals for the event messages and compares them against known items in the system. Unknown entities generally just don't register an event or alter points

I believe that this may be due to some code treating auto-destroyed buildings differently. Perhaps it has correct handling for the Sentry, Dispenser, and Teleporters, but not Jump Pads. There might be a state where the logging plugin doesn't understand what it is, only that it was destroyed via console (somehow), and deducts the points due to that. Might be a Spy related thing, maybe something implemented for the old exploit where you could destroy your own Sappers via console. This used to be something you could do and could type
Code:
destroy 3 0
to accomplish this, so you could make a bind that would put a ridiculous amount of Sappers on a building and destroy them in tick-perfect succession.

I'd check that out. There's something for Dispensers after a round ends as well, not sure what that's all about.

EDIT: Crap, necro. Whoops. Didn't intend for that, didn't realize this subforum was so dead.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom