• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Completed] Funky Susie's TF2C Admin Application

FunkySusie

VF4 Supporter
In-Game Name: Funky Susie

Country/Region and Timezone you will be most active in: EU (very rarely play on NA), UTC+1 (usually in the evening, sometimes until late at night, but sometimes during the day as well, if I'm not busy)

Have you linked your Steam account to the forum? Yes

HLStats Profile Link: https://hlx.vaultf4.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=158698

Current playtime on our servers, in hours: 360 hours

Reason(s) you would like to be a member of our staff:

Recently there have been an influx of new players, probably due to this video. And whether all these people are here to stay or are here just momentarily, I'm sure at least some of them will stay around, and seeing how on one of the days I saw every single server contain at least one player, I suspect stuff members might be needed.

The other reason is that I really really like this community and this game, and want to keep it safe. clean and fun. I've been here for a while and am pretty familiar with rules already, written and unwritten and seen examples of how the admins interact with the rules, when they mute, warn or ban.

I've been donating money to keep the servers running for some months now, and while it doesn't prove or disprove my qualifications for this role, I believe it shows that I really do care about this community and am willing to invest in it.

I also speak 3 languages, best to worst in descending order:
  1. English
  2. Russian (mother-tongue)
  3. Swedish
All of them are on a level where I can comfortably hold conversations. I think it could be useful skill when dealing with bad meaning players, since often they like to hide behind the language barrier.

Anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself:

I've been playing tf2 for around a year now, and after trying out tf2c I haven't gone back to live tf2. Almost every day, on work days, I boot up tf2c in the evening and play on one of the VF4 servers for at least an hour, but usually more. On the weekends this number can be even higher. I've grown to know and love the community, and this game is one of the best ways to connect with people online, in my experience. I've made friends on these servers, and time seems to fly by when there are multiple people I'm acquainted with playing with me.
I should mention that in the past, I occasionally bent the rules of the servers, notably playing music in voice chat without proximity on, and trying to do it while the admins were not present (although there were times when I did it with an admin(s) in the server). But I don't consider it mic spamming, since I made sure to play something nice to listen to, at a comfortable volume and stopped if anyone asked me to. I even wrote a forum post complaining about how it was impossible to mute just voice for a specific person, and described me playing music. And seeing how I never got punished, I think the staff members (or at least the ones aware of it) don't consider it an offense either. I understand that by taking on this role some of the way I interact with the other people in the server will change, and I'm willing to accept that.

I understand that by creating this thread and signing my name, that I am applying to Volunteer my time with Vault F4 in the Game Administrator role. As a Game Server admin I would be responsible for keeping the game servers a fun environment. I will spend at least an hour of my time each week on the servers to retain my position as a Game Server admin with Vault F4, and if I do not meet the requirement my admin status will be revoked. I also affirm that everything I have stated in this application is true to the best of my knowledge.

Signed: Funky Susie

Thanks for your interest in joining our staff team!

We'll review your application and get back to you shortly, usually in 2-3 days.

~Vintage

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom