• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

Griefing, trolling, and reactions

cvberdemon

I've been thinking about this a lot the past day

What should be the intended reaction to trolling behavior? Should it be laughed off? Ignored? Should we give in to their desired reaction of anger and leave the game? Or should we mock these trollers relentlessly, and if we do ridicule them for their behavior, do we deserve to be thrown scorn for "falling to their level"?

Maybe so. Name-calling and bad-mouthing would be a poor reaction to gimmick-y gameplays and idling in the spawn rooms.
But that's only if these targets hadn't already shown their disdain for marginalized people.

To be banned months ago for vocalizing a disgust for someone's sexuality, and displaying hateful imagery in the form of sprays should have already been sign enough that they were never willing to play nice, but to then come back and seemingly have a strategy of annoying every possible person on a server through tactics that don't directly violate the written server rules, goes to show how desperately some people need positive attention in their life.

I didn't have a lot planned out for this post, but what I do know is that these two deserve every bit of mockery that I throw their way, and if they want to keep pissing and moaning over not being allowed to make hate speech against bisexual people, then they should get used to being called

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom