• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] How bad is a Warning/What is the policy on Griefing?

TG_16

Noob
Hello, I was just playing TF2C and I received a warning for griefing. I haven't been playing this game that long so I don't know what that entirely means. I checked the server rules and it just states that a warning is a punishment that can be given, not what happens after. Is this something that will be on my record? If I receive more warnings, could I be banned? I'd also like to know more about the policy on griefing, because the server rules don't mention them but I doubt the warning was issued over a fake rule. Sorry if I'm overreacting to this or if my question is rather obvious, I really have never had something like this happen before.

I believe this a link to the log of the warning:
https://www.vaultf4.com/pages/admin-check/?query=[U:1:1148931040]

I was the VIP and I had gotten stabbed by a spy twice in a row because I'm not very good. I was understandably re-rolled and someone else was picked to be the VIP. I then received a warning and I asked why in the chat and the person who gave me the warning (Nova was his/her name I think) said it was because of griefing.

We issue warnings as a courtesy reminder that whatever you are doing is against our server rules if the infraction isn't particularly egregious.

Generally in isolation, they have no other consequence, but if you accrue too many of them they will be taken into consideration and more severe punishments may result if rules continue to be broken.

We don't explicitly call out griefing in our server rules because we feel it is encompassed by rule #5. Griefing comes in many forms and rather uniquely to TF2C, one of those is intentionally being a poor VIP. Since I did not witness the event (and no real repercussions came of it) I don't have any of the context our staff member did that caused them to issue the warning so it's hard for me to opine on why exactly they thought it was griefing. I would say it's probably not worth worrying too much about it unless it keeps being a problem, at which point we can try to mediate the issue. You don't have a whole lot of playtime on our servers, so your explanation is certainly plausible.

I think this answers your questions so I am marking this as resolved, but you can certainly reply if your concerns haven't been addressed.

~Vintage.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom