• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] mute + gag appeal

Dinkster

In-Game name: Dinkster
Time of Ban: 11:37 am
Date of Ban: 10/6/24
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198147960711
Reason for Ban "Inappropriate Language" according to https://sb.vaultf4.com
Additional Comments: all I did was talk in vc (which makes me even more confused as to why I was gagged) and now I'm muted and gagged for 3 days
I didn't say anything that would seem bad (I hope), so I am very confused. if I did say something that offended anyone, I'd gladly apologize to them because that wasn't my intention at all.

Your ban appeal has been received and I'll review the specifics and get back to you soon.

~Vintage

The comments I see on the ban ticket state that you were muted for making a nuisance of yourself with things like mocking other players and starting arguments.

Since the ban is only 3 days it would take longer than that to complete a formal review, but if you believe it's not justified we can proceed with that for the purposes of removing it from the record.

~Vintage

The comments I see on the ban ticket state that you were muted for making a nuisance of yourself with things like mocking other players and starting arguments.

Since the ban is only 3 days it would take longer than that to complete a formal review, but if you believe it's not justified we can proceed with that for the purposes of removing it from the record.

~Vintage
I would like it removed from the record, if possible.
I didn't start any argument, so I have no idea what that's about, and the mocking was (what I thought to be) a super obvious joke.
again, if I offended anyone I'll gladly apologize:thumbsup

OK. I'll add it to the to-do list to review the footage in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience.

I reviewed the recording of the match that was submitted and came to the following conclusions:
  • As far as I can tell, yes, the joke didn't seem to cause offense in this instance, but I'd remind you that it can be a sensitive subject to some and probably best not repeated again, and that under other circumstances or if it had been framed differently, the punishment would likely have been upheld
  • Otherwise, there was some behaviour that was probably best described by rule 5 in that some of your voice bits were getting a bit obnoxious and/or rude by mocking other players in a silly voice.
I don't think I can completely ignore this and remove it from the record entirely since you probably should have known better given your history with us, so instead I've adjusted the ban from 3 days to 1 day, which I think is more in line with a courtesy reminder than a first-tier punishment.

~Vintage

Thanks for your patience.

I reviewed the recording of the match that was submitted and came to the following conclusions:
  • As far as I can tell, yes, the joke didn't seem to cause offense in this instance, but I'd remind you that it can be a sensitive subject to some and probably best not repeated again, and that under other circumstances or if it had been framed differently, the punishment would likely have been upheld
  • Otherwise, there was some behaviour that was probably best described by rule 5 in that some of your voice bits were getting a bit obnoxious and/or rude by mocking other players in a silly voice.
I don't think I can completely ignore this and remove it from the record entirely since you probably should have known better given your history with us, so instead I've adjusted the ban from 3 days to 1 day, which I think is more in line with a courtesy reminder than a first-tier punishment.

~Vintage
I understand. but can you please remove the gag from the record? I didn't type anything in chat after all

Reasonable given the circumstances. I'll make the change.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom