• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Perma Comms Ban Contest

In-Game name: Jim's Seed, Feed & Sneed
Time of Ban: 00:30
Date of Ban: 06-08-23
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:50918897
Reason for Ban: Inappropriate content/micspam
Additional Comments: I saw the thread that chronicled what happened on a server I played on and felt I could add a bit of context
I like to walk around the map as a friendly and play music through the voice chat (with proximity voice on, as it should be). On occasion I also play something funny or memey instead, and on that particular occasion I played the audio to a ghetto smosh video, which does include slurs, though to me it felt comedic more than outwardly hateful content. I can see where the issue comes from though and if that was poor judgment on my part then I'm sorry.
If there had been any objections to what I was doing mid-game, be it from staff or just a regular player, I would have quit and just played the game normally.

Our server rules on this are spelled out pretty clearly both in terms of slurs and micspam. (Prox does not magically "make it okay". It is still spam).

The onus is also not on other players to have to confront you to stop doing something that is violating the rules, and our stance is that while there may be a time and place for this type of content, our gameservers are not that place.

Furthermore, you also seem to have a history of using other slurs in text chat which suggests to me this was not a one-off incident, so at this time your communications ban will not be overturned.

Our server rules on this are spelled out pretty clearly both in terms of slurs and micspam. (Prox does not magically "make it okay". It is still spam).

The onus is also not on other players to have to confront you to stop doing something that is violating the rules, and our stance is that while there may be a time and place for this type of content, our gameservers are not that place.

Furthermore, you also seem to have a history of using other slurs in text chat which suggests to me this was not a one-off incident, so at this time your communications ban will not be overturned.
what does "at this time" mean? is there a point at which i could re-contest the mute? like a statute of limitations thing?

Apologies for the delay - I've been on vacation.

This is outlined in our server rules. We don't say "never" because we recognize some people do change over time but we will only reconsider after a sufficiently long period has elapsed.

3rd Offense: Permanent Ban or Communications Block, only eligible for appeal in case of error *or* if at least 1 year has passed since the ban was issued

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(7999 Online 414 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom