• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

Profoundly Disconnected

spybait

Resident Touhou Expert
Member from long ago...
So I don't know how many of you here are in/graduating high school, but if your parents try to pressure you into finding a good college, it might do you well to read this over.

Heard about it on the news, and it reminded me of the several-week-long debate I had with my parents, about how going to a trade school would be more beneficial for me than college.

Mike Rowe (creator of the site, whom you may know from Dirty Jobs), says:
My goal here is to challenge the absurd belief that an expensive four-year education is the best path for the most people, and confront the outdated stereotypes that continue to drive kids and parents away from a whole list of worthwhile careers. Many of the best opportunities that exist today require a skill, not a diploma. The purpose of this site is to promote that simple truth. And maybe have a few laughs.

The site itself is a great read, if anyone is interested.

For what it's worth, you can take up to 1/2 your credits at a community college. And you can even take community college classes for free while in high school. A class can cost $150 for the whole class, vs $150 per credit hour ($450-600) in a 4 year big name college. Does paying $600 for that College Algebra teach you anything different than the $150 one? Nope.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6836 Online 328 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom