• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

Suggestions for New Video Card

Redcoat

I am currently running a Nvidia GT 240 video card which I've had for about 3 years. It runs my older games well but is quite dated for games like Total War and such. I was thinking about getting a video card like the EVGA GTX 650(perhaps ti model), or the 660. I'd say economy for me goes around $200. I don't know much at all about this crap so I need help. Which video card would be the best bang for the buck? Would they run a game like Shogun 2 Total War well?

I have a pair of GTX-460's now (not SLI) that have run everything I've thrown at them at max settings up until Civ5, which has ridiculous amounts of small detail at max. I like Asus gear, I have yet to have any issues with anything they make, and currently my 3 (4?) year old computer has an asus motherboard and video cards... This one is a Ti that's under your price range:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121725

and has full DVI out for when you feel froggy someday and want to buy an IPS display or two. What I'm trying to say is, you should get a couple of years out of that card until you're ready to build a whole new computer, and it won't break your bank.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6448 Online 276 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom