• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Acknowledged] TF2 server request

Lazlo

Not a Noob
I really love your guys' 24/7 Dustbowl server, but what bugs me is that it has sv_pure on. I'd really like to use my Skins and sounds on your server so would be it be to hard to disable sv_pure? It also crashes my game when I disconnect.
Also, sorry If I put in wrong sub-forum I won't mind if it gets moved

I really love your guys' 24/7 Dustbowl server, but what bugs me is that it has sv_pure on. I'd really like to use my Skins and sounds on your server so would be it be to hard to disable sv_pure? It also crashes my game when I disconnect.
Also, sorry If I put in wrong sub-forum I won't mind if it gets moved

No worries, you've posted in the right section for this, and I appreciate the comments/feedback on the TF2 servers.

Coincidentally, this is something we're discussing amongst our admins at current as to whether we should turn it off. The reason we have sv_pure on is to prevent "sunday hackers", i.e. those that will install a texture pack with the intent of gaining an advantage. Those hacks are hard to distinguish from legit skins without looking over the player's shoulder. It's different from full-on aimbots or other hacks as those require code injection and are easily detected by tools such as VAC.

I hope you can understand where we're coming from, as we want to keep our servers as enjoyable as possible for everyone, and a big portion of that is keeping them free of hackers.

As I said, it's something we're currently discussing, and your comments will certainly be noted.

I do apologize I can't give you a more concrete answer at current. Hopefully we reach a decision soon.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom