• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

The "Help Me!" Mapping Thread

Berry

Noob
For any issues regarding TF2C mapping.

FAQ / Solutions
Cubemaps won't build!
Several people have had this issue before, what you need to do is write these lines into the console after starting up TF2C:
<pre class="CodeBlock">
Code:
mat_specular 0
mat_hdr_level 0
map yourmap
buildcubemaps
disconnect
mat_hdr_level 2
map yourmap
buildcubemaps
disconnect
mat_specular 1
map background01
map yourmap
</pre>

Tips
Use -hijack
Using -hijack in your games launch parameters (within hammer) makes hammer search for a running copy of the game to use and change its level to the map you're working on. This saves you entering a console command to reload the map every time!

Will the other way from normal TF2 work ?-map "map name"
<div>-mat_specular 0-buildcubemaps</div>-mat_specular 1-disconnect-sv_cheats 1-mat_reloadallmaterials-sv_cheats 0

I can't seem to get a four team map working correctly, everything works but it still shows the RED/BLU team select, rather than the 4 team one. Any ideas?

In Hammer, all TF2 assets are unavailable. I've set up Hammer correctly, but I cannot find any textures for TF2, and all models appear as ERRORs. I get an error when I start up Hammer, saying "Invalid game "[game path]\common\teamfortress 2\tf" found in VPROJECT environment variable, ignoring.". Is there a solution for this?

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom