• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

Weapons / Items That Were Cancelled (etc.)

Welcome to my first discussion. (Sort of...)
Surely that is the dumbest worst intro ever for a rookie.
Anyway, let's begin.

There are still a few items and weaponry from Team Fortress 2, from their trailer from 2007, and other things that were scrapped after the Beta.
I recommend that these items my be added for TF2 Classic, but some might not go as content for the game.

1. The Civilian
  • A TFC character, also known as The Hunted or the V.I.P.
  • It is a playable character in a series of games.
  • It is featured in Fortress Forever.
  • He only has a melee weapon to defend himself.
  • I do not know why this was removed. (Sorry for the inconvenience, I am doing research.)
2. The Commander
  • Non-physical role.
  • Used in tactical advantages.
  • Overlooks the map, providing air support, placing buildings, (sentries, dispensers, teleporters.) and placing tactics for his teammates.
  • In the middle of the development of the game, it is removed, it was then later changed to the Coaching system.
3. The Walkabout
  • Primary weapon for the Sniper.
  • Weapon allows the Sniper to go walk at normal speed, while scoped.
  • Stats are reduced majorly, reduced damage; Headshot removed; removed charge.
  • It was then replaced for the Huntsman.
4. Heraldic Targe
  • Primary weapon for the Demoman.
  • Unknown.
  • Seen in the game files from the December 23, 2010 patch.
  • Maybe later replaced by the Chargin' Targe.
5. The Ludmilla
  • Primary weapon for the Heavy.
  • Deals less damage, (-25%, -50%, or maybe higher.) Health replenishes when enemies are being hit.
  • Maybe replaced with the Natasha.
...and that was it.
This is the first five weapons / items that were removed, I will be editing this soon. I am doing more research about this.
Feel free to discuss / suggest / talk about this.
What I mean by "first five" is there will be a continuation. Have a Merry Christmas.
-Player_Zer0

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom