• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Appealing my ban.

Ceno

Noob
In-Game name: Ceno
Time of Ban: 2:19AM CDT
Date of Ban: 6/19/24
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:129750792
Reason for Ban: Ignoring Admins
Additional Comments: I'm really sorry about what I said prior, but I don't think the instant mute was right. I could've been given a verbal warning, either way. I apologize, I was wrong for saying what I said. (Which I'd rather not repeat here) It was not one of my finest moments.

Edit: Just found my ban reason, not really sure how I ignored admins. Sorry, yet again though. It was not my intention.

Your appeal has been received, we will review the details and get back to you shortly, usually within 2-3 days.

Thanks for your patience.

The notes provided along with the ban stated this was in response to you using an f-slur in voice chat, which is covered by Server rule 3:

No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.

It appears this initially led to a temporary mute after which you got a bit snippy about it in text chat and that precipitated a full ban.
I don't feel as though the submitted evidence upholds the full ban or the 1-week duration of the communications block, so I have made the following changes:
  • The full ban has been removed from the record.
  • Your voice block has been adjusted to 3 days, which is more in line with our published guidelines for a first infraction.
Historically, we have generally provided people with courtesy warnings for this type of infraction before we started issuing communications blocks or other bans, but this policy was changed in response to community demands and sentiment that players and repeat offenders that were using slurs or otherwise attacking other players were getting too many "chances" before being shown the door for good. The past few years there has been a rather notable increase in general hostility and vitriol on the internet, and that is why, (a few years ago now) we adopted our current policy. You still (generally) get 3 strikes before you are shown the door for good, and I feel that this is more than sufficient. My personal take is that modern society has progressed enough that it should come as no surprise to people that using slurs or other hateful speech in an online community will incur consequences, and that giving warnings up front just prolongs the issue. On the other hand, an immediate but short ban signifies we are serious about these rules and will respond to further violations accordingly. Our server rules are published here in the forums, summarized in our server MOTD which is shown on joining, and players are also reminded to read and follow them via regular messages in text chat while in-game, so it is not as though they are obscure or otherwise hard to find.

~Vintage

Thanks for the resolution, although I'm confused. Does this mean I'm still banned for a bit of time? Bit confused, as when I try to join. It does still say I'm banned.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, oversight on my part. It should be fixed now.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(7999 Online 414 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom