• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban appeal: Charge back

Fenrir the Blood Husky

In-Game name: Braix
Time of Ban: 20:57
Date of Ban: 09-20-23
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29344447 (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018954622/)
Reason for Ban: Filing a CC chargeback
Additional Comments: I started donating when I was using a card tied to my roommate's bank account. When I got my own bank account and card, I completely forgot to update the information and I assume my friend, who now uses the card due to losing his original one, did the charge back. This is totally my fault and I should changed it to my current card.

Hi there,

Thanks for the message. It seems a plausible explanation. Are you still able to reach out to your friend in some way to resolve this pre-emptively? One of my concerns here is it could get quite ugly depending on what is ruled between PayPal and the card company. As you might expect we've already submitted notice from our end that we believed the charges were valid so at this point it's up to PayPal and the card provider to duke it out.

That could be anything from no net loss to us, a loss on the three charges being disputed, to that plus a charge-back fee per occurrence.

I'll remove the ban as a gesture of good faith and keep you posted about any developments on our end.

This morning I learnt that he does not use that card anymore, and has instead deleted the part of the account it was a part of all together. I also have emails from PayPal saying they cant do anything about it, since I had it set up as a guest.

Would I be able to pay for the charges and fees to avoid the loss?

Last edited:
Understood, thanks for asking them.

Would I be able to pay for the charges and fees to avoid the loss?
That'd be greatly appreciated - I'll let you know what the end result is once we have a resolution from Paypal and we can work out the difference, if any.

Best,
~Vintage

Just to follow up - I checked again and it looks like the cases were all closed in our favour in mid December. Marking this as resolved.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6836 Online 328 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom