• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban appeal for sprays

Dukino

Not a Noob
In-Game name: Dukino, Noivern_Booty, Lobster_Booty[drunk]
Time of Ban: 05:33
Date of Ban: 05-20-23
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24094820
Reason for Ban: Repeated spray violations
Additional Comments:
I definitely deserved a kick in the shins with how i was abusing the system, and I'm truly sorry for that, after the ban I went though some effort to clean up my public act.
But the rules say I should have received an initial temp ban first, and I don't believe i sprayed anything that would warrant a perma ban

Your appeal has been received, Please give some time to look into it and I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Most likely what happened here is the ban was logged based off of the total number of spray infractions during a time where we started cracking down on serial offenders; in this case no consideration was given that there weren't any prior temp bans before progressing straight to permanent.

I've edited your ban to be inline with our first-offense guidelines.

~Vintage

I do have a bit of a follow up question, one of the sprays that was blocked was this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/Team_Fortress_2_replay_2023.07.13-19.46.mp4
I distinctly remember the circumstances of when and where it was blocked, jokingly reported by a supporter on the map Furnace Creek, and it was blocked before the map ended

I'm honestly more curious than anything of what happened here.
iv talked to a few people and some suggest it might potentially be seizure inducing, but i don't personally suffer from those kinds of issues so honestly i have zero idea if that's true or not, I made it with the intent of just being weird to look at

I think you're correct as to the reason it was blocked as I could see that it's the sort of thing that could be problematic for someone prone to seizures. I believe we've also blocked sprays that e.g. strobe black/white at a high rate of speed for the same reason.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(8502 Online 621 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom