• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

Fatal

Noob
In-Game Name: Fatal
Time of Ban: 06:08
Date of Ban: 06-04-24
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:108301826
Reason for Ban: Inappropriate language
Additional Comments: If you all are willing to remove the perm ban i would glaldy take a commns ban for a week or wtv in return Ive learned my lesson and ive lost a great game I just started getting into and coming from the siege community I can be toxic so that's why I still suggest a lesser punishment of a comms ban for however long, Thanks for your time.

Did I do something wrong upon filling out a ban form? Sorry for bothering just noticed another persons form has been at least viewed and aware by admins.

Nope, it looks like your form is complete, the order in which I process them when I check in and see the appeal thread is somewhat arbitrary.

We'll consider your plea and get back to you shortly; since it looks like it involves voice chat it may take us a few days to review and discuss before we reach a conclusion, typically 2-3 at most.

~Vintage

On review, our conclusion is that your actions go beyond being simply toxic and into unprovoked, malicious and direct harassment of an individual on our servers.
I will direct your attention to server rule #3:

No hate speech or harassment is allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, bullying, and use of racial, ethnic, and anti-LGBT slurs. Likewise, glorification of nazis, or use of nazi imagery and symbols, is grounds for an immediate permanent ban.
  • Clarification on this rule from the addendum in post #3, below:
    Anyone caught harassing another player on our servers on basis of race, sex, disability, gender, gender identity, or sexuality will be permanently banned. Appeals for this kind of ban will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Since your ban does not appear to have been issued in error and the punishment is in line with our posted policies, it will not be overturned at this time.

It will be eligible for re-appeal one year from the date it was issued, specifically June 4, 2025, at which point we will consider your plea with a fresh perspective.

How was I being more than simply toxic if I may ask? I know I was bothering people and I kept calling a mod simp but I didn't harass someone over there race, gender identity, or push inappropriate messages, I know I did ask questions and if there were taken to offense I understand but I never intended to cross a line Id also like to put out I was comm banned and initially for calling someone a simp which is questionable and yall say sexual explicit things harassment are not welcomed in the chat and your mod (unnamed unless you want me to say it) is just flirting and being creepy in chats. I do appreciate the reply back and explanation and i hope you at least read this.

Thanks!

It was comet I don't respect him so I dont care for his privacy and to an extent you should be more aware of what your mods do because they can be questionable.

yes i understand i wont be getting out of the perma ban and no im not trying to complain but make you aware.

Thanks!

How was I being more than simply toxic if I may ask? I know I was bothering people and I kept calling a mod simp but I didn't harass someone over there race, gender identity, or push inappropriate messages, I know I did ask questions and if there were taken to offense I understand but I never intended to cross a line Id also like to put out I was comm banned and initially for calling someone a simp which is questionable and yall say sexual explicit things harassment are not welcomed in the chat and your mod (unnamed unless you want me to say it) is just flirting and being creepy in chats. I do appreciate the reply back and explanation and i hope you at least read this.

Thanks!

Perhaps this view from the outside perspective will help

So you allow other people to say things along the line and the same person harass back? like if your in the LGBTQ community your automatically defended and bypass rules? They can harass people and complain and use it as a crutch which is okay? I understand I was rude and aggressive but I didn't in anyway single them out for there gender or anything but there actions and using it as an excuse. I j dont see anything explicit or wrong in rule #3 other than bullying which i repesct and Im not trying to udnermind but i really dont think you understand how one sided it appears and if nuff was genuine enough could agree with me to an extent that between those videos i had stopped and been quiet and they kept pushing and complaing so then the last video happened

I just find it funny its not a continuous clip because it happened over the span of like 20 minutes and only highlights the parts where i was rude and even then you gloss over them firing back as if they did nothing

and i appreciate the evidence Nurr but you proved my point further that only one side is really shown and Its dishonest. I don't believe you should categized me with people that put Nazi propaganda up for having an argument with someone for having different views and it being unrelated b because the arguing that occurred wasn't even about it it was more that they wouldn't stop hot micing yapping away.

I still do appreciate the time yall give me to read and reply.
Thank you, Nurr and Vin.

respectfully I think a full year long ban is inappropriate for my actions and have reading through your bans you have let off worse with pervious ban warnings and this feels targeted and personally, I respectfully ask you to rethink your decision but if the conclusions the same i respect it. I enjoy tf2 and I understand what I did wrong, It is my first ban without pervious offenses or vac bans so yeah i apologize for griping or complaining if you see it as that.

Thanks!

Last edited:
and i appreciate the evidence Nurr but you proved my point further that only one side is really shown and Its dishonest. I don't believe you should categized me with people that put Nazi propaganda up for having an argument with someone for having different views and it being unrelated b because the arguing that occurred wasn't even about it it was more that they wouldn't stop hot micing yapping away.

I still do appreciate the time yall give me to read and reply.
Thank you, Nurr and Vin.

respectfully I think a full year long ban is inappropriate for my actions and have reading through your bans you have let off worse with pervious ban warnings and this feels targeted and personally, I respectfully you ask to rethink your decision but if the conclusions the same i respect it. I enjoy tf2 and I understand what I did wrong, It is my first ban without pervious offenses or vac bans so yeah i apoligize for griping or complaining if you see it as that.

Thanks!

Complete accident im not tryna spam and be a bother I was gonna stop talking till a reply or left on seen I aplogize night yall

So you allow other people to say things along the line and the same person harass back? like if your in the LGBTQ community your automatically defended and bypass rules? They can harass people and complain and use it as a crutch which is okay? I understand I was rude and aggressive but I didn't in anyway single them out for there gender or anything but there actions and using it as an excuse. I j dont see anything explicit or wrong in rule #3 other than bullying which i repesct and Im not trying to udnermind but i really dont think you understand how one sided it appears and if nuff was genuine enough could agree with me to an extent that between those videos i had stopped and been quiet and they kept pushing and complaing so then the last video happened
You bother too much about things people say on the Internet and about you, and starting arguments with them becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy - you loudly argue and talk shit, act impatiently and zealously about uncomfortable topics, and then get yourself in trouble like this.

You speak of how admins here are being hypocrites, but you fail to bring proof; your writing is erratic and you bring up questionable points. You seek justice for yourself yet it is futile - you did act foolishly, you did embarass yourself and put a target on your back by saying controversial words such as "trannie". And I personally remember how when I tried to defuse the voice chat on that day, you told me how I "should shut the fuck up" and how you "don't care".

Like, I can respect a person with principles and I sympathise with anyone who regrets a decision that got them a permanent ban (as I also suffered the same thing in the past a few times), but acts of utter stupidity such as this should be punished and acknowledged

To close this out:

I watched about 10 minutes of the continuous 15 minute clip that was submitted internally as ban evidence, and it would be an impossible stretch to call it "one sided" or a difference of opinion, as you claim. It was ongoing harassment of you (and another player) telling a third player they were not a woman (or that you didn't believe them to be), and otherwise asking offensive questions like "how much of a woman" they were, using slurs, and continuing to heckle them throughout the match.

If that is not harassing someone for their gender and/or sexuality, then I don't know what is.

respectfully I think a full year long ban is inappropriate for my actions

While I can understand people sometimes feel our punishments may be excessive, it is an inherent conflict of interest if the person receiving the punishment feels it is "fair trade" for their actions - it means the punishment isn't a sufficient deterrent to a repeat of the same behaviour.

I don't think there is anything further to discuss here, so I will finish with the usual statement that we do not deal with what-about-isms in ban appeals and that If you have a problem with the actions of a particular staff member, then the appropriate thing to do is to file a complaint either with myself or our CM @MoiraPrime. Sending that staff member petty/childish DMs instead isn't exactly helping your credibility.

To close this out:

I watched about 10 minutes of the continuous 15 minute clip that was submitted internally as ban evidence, and it would be an impossible stretch to call it "one sided" or a difference of opinion, as you claim. It was ongoing harassment of you (and another player) telling a third player they were not a woman (or that you didn't believe them to be), and otherwise asking offensive questions like "how much of a woman" they were, using slurs, and continuing to heckle them throughout the match.

If that is not harassing someone for their gender and/or sexuality, then I don't know what is.

While I can understand people sometimes feel our punishments may be excessive, it is an inherent conflict of interest if the person receiving the punishment feels it is "fair trade" for their actions - it means the punishment isn't a sufficient deterrent to a repeat of the same behaviour.

I don't think there is anything further to discuss here, so I will finish with the usual statement that we do not deal with what-about-isms in ban appeals and that If you have a problem with the actions of a particular staff member, then the appropriate thing to do is to file a complaint either with myself or our CM @MoiraPrime. Sending that staff member petty/childish DMs instead isn't exactly helping your credibility.
Understandable.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom