• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Ban Appeal

Kino

In-Game name: Kino
Time of Ban: 23:17
Date of Ban: 07-24-24
Steam ID: U:1:45303509
Reason for Ban: Toxicity (previously both admin disrespect and toxicity)
Additional Comments:

My ban was given shortly after a round where I targeted a moderator (Juno) in-game. I did this after a few hours of banter with some other members in-game and targeted Juno via killing them and taunting after each kill. I am known for my bind usage (which I disabled after these events), which I use far too often (I can only say that half of it were unintentional key-presses, as it is a mouse side button, but only after the communications ban did I disable it). I had my bind set to "get stacked!!" as I believed a friend was unfairly given a warning for team-stacking (auto-balance caused players to leave, and this friend changed teams to prevent someone from getting forcibly balanced). This happened for about two rounds before I left, and at the time I believed I did not do anything wrong, as communication with Juno was sparse. I did not hear their microphone usage well, nor did either of us communicate to each other during these events.

After the ban was given, I have reviewed my actions and I find that I acted unfairly to Juno. I should not have retaliated in such a way, and I should have been a better listener so that I could have recognized this earlier.

The initial paragraph of these comments are in no way an attempt to evade, downplay, or hand-wave any actions on my end, but only to offer a more complete picture of my version of events to assist with a better admin review. If anything seems to come off as an attempt to downplay the situation, then I am open to corrections and would not offer a debate to any point given.

I would like to use this appeal to personally apologize to Juno. Regardless of the outcome of this appeal (which I do not expect to be lifted, as there are only a few more days on the ban), I am sorry for my actions, as well as any impression I may have given in our sparse conversations on the Discord server. I hope that we can play together in the future and I hope that this counts as a half-decent attempt to offer an olive branch.

Again, regardless of outcome, I hope that this alleviates any grievances involved.

Thank you for your appeal, we'll review the details and get back to you soon, usually within 2-3 days.

Thank you for your patience.
Your apology is greatly appreciated, especially the genuine nature of it. After reviewing the details, we've chosen to remove your communications block and count the 2-3 days silenced as "time served." For clarification, using binds is perfectly fine so long as it's not being used to harass/mock other players (including admins) or being used in excess, but we feel like this has been enough to keep you from doing it again.
Your comms ban should be lifted sometime within the hour.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom