• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Banned for Several Things I don't Believe I've Done ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

notactuallyemma

Achievement Hunter
In-Game name: boXy [NGW] #KillTF2C
Time of Ban: 15:05
Date of Ban: 8-25-24
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38865393
Reason for Ban: Targeted Admin, Developer, and unrelated Player harassment, and a history of rule violations.
Additional Comments: Hello! It's been a while. No idea what this is about. I have not harassed any admins, I've only seen one ingame and my only question was what happened to their admin tag. I have not harassed any players? Finally, the only thing I can think of being harassment towards developers was me saying the devs do not know what they're doing with the game. All in all, going from never being banned a single time to this out of the blue is pretty strange! I should also note I have not received a single warning on my behavior from any admins, and would have gladly listened if I was doing anything wrong..

I'd really like to know what's going on. Thanks VaultF4 ^^

Last edited:
Thank you for your appeal. We'll review the details and get back to you shortly, usually within 2-3 days.

After reviewing the details, we've decided to deny your appeal.

To start off with, staff are allowed to remove their admin tags when investigating troublemakers in our servers. This is a policy we have had for a while now and which is approved by senior staff. Secondly, this ban follows standard escalation procedure, since you've received two comm bans in the past for racism and toxicity, and third offenses result in permanent bans. This is all information you should know, being a former staff member.
The specific reason for your third offense boils down to a violation of Rule 5 for inappropriate spray usage, most notably a spray insinuating that multiple admins, devs, and players are pedophiles.

As per standard policy regarding permanent bans, you'll be free to re-apply in one year, specifically on August 25th, 2025.

most notably a spray insinuating that multiple admins, devs, and players are pedophiles.
Sorry, what?

The spray I am assuming I was banned for is not something meant to be REMOTELY taken seriously.. not only that, but I've been using it for nearly 2 years at this point as seen here and was never once warned for it. If someone would have warned me or told me this spray was inappropriate, I would have been happy to get rid of it.

Warns are a courtesy and are not mandatory. As a former staff member, you should know this. Just because you weren't caught using tit 2 years ago doesn't make it okay now. It should be common sense that you are not allowed to use a spray which calls people pedophiles. It's also hard to believe that it's not meant in a malicious manner considering the amount of times you call VF4 staff and TF2C devs mentally ill or insane in your chat history, ignoring the generally toxic nature of it in the first place since that's not why you were banned. If all of it was meant to be taken as a joke, it was in exceptionally poor taste and a grave error in judgement on your end. As of now, I'll be locking this thread to prevent further escalation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6138 Online 266 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom