• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Comm block for using a russian slur. The same slur is used in the official valve tf2 dub by sniper, as an insult to the spy

Regardless of whether it is considered acceptable in Russian, our servers are in region(s) where this language is considered inappropriate, and it would appear the staff acted in accordance with our policies.

but not as an insult to any player in particular
Somehow I doubt that, given the context offered was that it was in response to another player killing you.

I'm not talking about it being considered acceptable in Russian, I'm talking about how its considered acceptable by Valve, since it is in the official tf2 localization. Actually I do understand the reason i got comm blocked, and I do want to apologize. I did not consider that just saying that slur would be considered offensive in that context, even though I never intended to offend anyone, only to reference the fact that the official tf2 localization has that slur.

I suspect it's more a case of TF2 being a product of its time considering the game is now over fifteen years old and a lot has changed since then in terms of what is acceptable and what is not.

Your apology is noted. I did check and it would appear to be a temporary mute that will expire in a couple more hours so it shouldn't be too much longer before you'll be able to chat again.

~Vintage

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(8776 Online 627 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom