• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

Half-life games all unplayable

Ephex

I'm not sure how this happened, but I opened up Half-Life a little while ago, and found my screen to be about this resolution (It may be hard to tell but thats all I see in a 1920x1080 res), and even the cursor wont cover the entire resolution. I can click the options tab, but after that the only things my cursor can touch are spray settings, and I can click quit. Anyone know how to fix?

qqQAPsx.jpg

I'm not sure how this happened, but I opened up Half-Life a little while ago, and found my screen to be about this resolution (It may be hard to tell but thats all I see in a 1920x1080 res), and even the cursor wont cover the entire resolution. I can click the options tab, but after that the only things my cursor can touch are spray settings, and I can click quit. Anyone know how to fix?

qqQAPsx.jpg

In steam: Right-click game, go to launch options, add the following:

-windowed -noborder -h 1080 -w 1920

Adjust the numbers for h/w to your monitor resolution. This not only sets the resolution, it stops the awful alt-tab crashing for most source-engine games.

Another option is to try -autoconfig, it's touted as a fix in a lot of forums too.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(7885 Online 513 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom