• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.
  • We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

[Resolved] Possible cheater (I'm not sure)

FunkySusie

VF4 Supporter
I have some suspicions that gibusma!n might be using some form of aimbot. It seems like it's one of those cheats that flicks to the enemy, but the flick is only visible on the cheaters machine. I had my suspicions due to his ping being >100, which might make his shots look weird, but in the recording below are a few shots that gibusma!n makes, where he secures a kill while his crosshair is not on the enemy. I have also seen other players suspect that gibusma!n is cheating; not an argument, just an observation. However, I'm not very knowledgeable in how tf2 networking works, so this is merely a suspicion, and could be some issue with spectating and my own perception.

Here is a recording of me spectating gibusma!n:

In case that matters my ping was ~62, as indicated at 0:52.

Here are a few particularly suspicous kills:
Soldier at 0:26
Demo at 1:12
Pyro at 7:13

At 3:50 gibusma!n dies and I start spectating the player thex, who had an even higher ping of ~200, to see how another player with high ping would play, for comparisons sake.

From what I saw in the video this isn't especially suspicious - you will see visual "artifacts" like this that become more pronounced at higher latency between the server, player, and yourself. Hit-reg is is based on what the client is seeing, and that may be slightly out of sync with visuals for others. It's one of the reasons people have been griping about getting shot despite having ducked behind a wall since the dawn of TF2.

If you have details on which map, server, and time of day (UTC) this was then we can have a look at the server-side SourceTV recordings to confirm.

~Vintage

Yeah, I wasn't claiming he's cheating, it was just a suspicion. It was in EU Standart, at about the time that original post was made.

Just to follow up - turns out one of our staff already looked into this player in-depth a few days earlier and didn't find anything suspect, so I'll mark this as closed for now.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48659 Members
(6836 Online 328 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom