• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

Testing new customized server (Linux-hosted, custom music, SourceMod, etc.)

Weasel

Noob
This server is still mostly "under-construction", as I test-out various SourceMod plug-ins to see which ones that I normally use for TF2 might work on TF2C.

The connection information for the server is:

I am looking for some good custom/3rd-party maps to add to the rotation - generally of the CTF or CP variety (i.e not DM maps).

Here are some details about this new server:
  • Hosting: NFOServers.com (as a VPS, presumably not a supported game/mod yet!)
  • Host OS: Linux, specifically Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
  • MetaMod:Source: Version 1.10.6 (current stable version)
  • SourceMod: Version 1.8.0 (git build 5916+)
Here are the in-game features (mostly delivered through SourceMod plug-ins) we currently have working:
  • Player staticstical tracking, using the GameMe service (similar to HLStatsX:CE). Click for Sample Stats.
  • Automatically downloaded custom in-game music, played on a pre-scheduled basis. This works through a combination of the "sm_downloader" and "cronjobs" plug-ins.
  • A feature to "opt-out" of the play-back of the custom music (!soundoff, etc.). This works through the use of an alternative music play-back plug-in ("playopt").
  • Some features are restricted to members of our Steam Community Group (which is free and open to all). This is delivered by the "Steam Group Admins" plug-in.
  • Basic SourceMod "voting" functions (for members of our Steam Community Group).
  • Various in-game hints that pop-up in the chat (about various commands that can be used, etc.). This works through the "advertisements" plug-in.
  • In-game commands to open various reference web-pages (which are mostly under-construction). This works through the "webshortcuts" plug-in.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(5562 Online 257 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom