• We are aware of sporadic errors when browsing our site. This is an issue with our hosting provider and not something we can fix on our end. We are hopeful it will be resolved soon. ~VintagePC

TF2C not appearing

Tsagu

Noob
So I have downloaded the full installer client, extracted to the the sourcemods on my G: drive which is my steam hard drive. I have downloaded the 2013 SDK Multiplayer base and set the betas as Upcoming followed by restarting steam. The game does not show up in my list at all, even while I have Games selected instead of Installed.

So it seems I figured it out. When I extracted straight into my sourcemods folder, this "TF2C_2_0_0b1" folder was the first one in line to be read, not "tf2classic"

simple mistake, but let this be a helpful tip for anyone else installing.

You need a programm that can handle 7z archives. (Windows explorer can only open Zip files).

Some popular solutions are 7-ZIP (free/open source) or WinRAR (proprietary / 40 day trial)

do what do i do i extracted it and it doesn't appear i did everything but like you said TF2C_2_0_0b1 is first but i can open it and it has tf2classic? do i get rid of the TF2C_2_0_0b1 and put the tf2classic folder outside of it?

@PoottooP No.

@Daddy_Bonk
Uhm, you need to extract/put the tf2classic folder into the sourcemods folder.
Then you should get
Code:
sourcemods\tf2classic
Code:
sourcemods/TF2C_2_0_0b1/tf2classic
and
Code:
sourcemods/TF2C_2_0_0b1.zip
are wrong.

iQMEt3E.png

Credits to @GardenFreeman for the picture.

i did and i delted sdk and redownloaded it on the same as tf2classic restarted again still not showing up on games library i extracted it to C: is that bad or good?

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48660 Members
(8776 Online 627 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom